Monday, April 19, 2010

Whipper Snapper New Release!


It's another big day in Whipper Snapper World, as Anna Wight has designed two more amazing cling-mount stamp sets, and they're available today! Anna has captured the cuteness factor again with the fabulous new stamp sets, and you'll find that they both go quite well with the two new releases from last month! I'm just thrilled to death to get to spend another month showing you some samples from these great stamp sets, so I'll stop chatting and get down to business!

For my first card, I had quite an Aha! moment when I thought of my design. Remember last month, I made this card using the bird from Anna's Beautiful Day stamp set? Well, while I was cutting out the stamps for the new set, called Celebrate Nature, I noticed there was a little baby bird that closely matched the bird from Beautiful Day! And I thought about a baby bird following the mama bird, but then the wheels in my mind kept turning and I thought about a whole line of baby birds following the mama bird! You know where I'm going here, right? Who remembers The Patridge Family???

Sing it with me..... "C'mon Get Happy!" I just couldn't resist! Now yes, my little flock of "patridges" are going the opposite way, but that's OK... it's my version! It will never cease to bother me though, why they didn't balance the colors of those "Patridges" out a little better? The littlest bird is yellow, just like the mama! There needs to be some green or orange in that line-up, don't you think? ;)
Anna's got another great set too, called Woodland Critters, and are they CUTE! Here I've used the squirrel and perched him atop the tree stump from the set and gave him a balloon! The sentiment is also from the set, and I used new October Afternoon papers for my card.

The other Featured Designers for this month have some great creations for you to see today using the new sets, too! Be sure to pay them a visit, then head on over to the Whipper Snapper store and get your sets of stamps!


Hope you're ready to start a great week! I have the day off today, and have many things on my agenda to accomplish, so I'd better not waste any daylight! Have a good one!








A Happy Hello
Stamps: Celebrate Nature, Beautiful Day (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Cardstock: white (Neenah), Black OP (Bazzill), red (Gina K Designs)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: Swiss Dots embossing folder (ProvoCraft), Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

Enjoy Your Day
Stamps: Woodland Critters (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron (Stampin' Up!), cream (Neenah), designer paper (October Afternoon)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: border punch (Martha Stewart), ribbon, brads (SU!), flower punch (Carl), button (Basic Grey).


15 comments:

happy-stamper said...

Love that Happy Hello card -- or should I say C'mon Get Happy card? Your little row of birds is much cuter than the original :)

Kim Burmeister said...

Great cards, Tammy! Love your Partridge Family card. I watched that show all the time. Great song!

Laura Pryor said...

I agree, your birds are wayyyy cuter. These are both fantastic, but I REALLY love little Mr. Squirrel on the tree stump. Sooo cute.

Barbara said...

Ack, ack, ACK!!!!! This is SO totally adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danderella said...

Tammy I love your partridge family! I'll be humming that theme song all day now! What fun stamps.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Hahahaaa!! These are wonderful!! Totally cracks me UP!

Tobi Crawford said...

awesome colouring on the squirrel! Love him!

LeAnne said...

How fun.....now I have that song in my head and those characters in front of my eyes!!! Oh well, there could be worse things! This card is just too cute, I love what you did with those little birds!

Judycs said...

This card is adorable! Thanks for a great Mothers' Day idea.
Judy S

Sharon said...

Your card is too cute! I look forward to release day too!

Vickilyn said...

Tammy -
Haven't been here in a while - but I TOTALLY love that Partridge Family card!!

Shaun said...

Both cards are great but I'm seriously in love with your Partridge Family card. Brilliant.

Susan said...

C'mon get happy! wowza...dusting off the time traveler :)
very cute!
Susan

Joan Ervin said...

Your little bird family is adorable, Tammy, and what a darling little squirrel...awesome coloring, as always, I just love the OA papers!!!!

dpkennedy said...

These are both adorable! The bird card is so clever! Just awesome!