Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Color Throwdown #89


It's Wednesday again, chickies! Time for another Color Throwdown! This week LeAnne is the hostess and she's chosen colors inspired by the Wisteria paper from Basic Grey. Now, of course you don't have to have this paper to play along, and you don't even have to have these exact colors, either! Just use whatever you have that is similar and have fun! Try though, to stay with just these colors and a neutral! We don't want to see any rainbows! ;)

I decided to use some more of my Florals and Weeds stamps from Rubbernecker for my card, inking the stamps with Tombow markers. I cut out the image with a square Nestabilities, then inked the inside edges with Bordering Blue ink.
And speaking of Rubbernecker.... who's going to the Adventures in Stamping convention this weekend in Akron? I'll be working in the Rubbernecker booth all weekend, and I expect you to stop by and say HI!

My Color Throwdown sisters have some beautiful inspiration for you today with these colors, so be sure to visit their blogs and take a peek!

Teresa Kline, April Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Wednesday!








Stamps: Florals, Weeds (Rubbernecker)
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Basic Grey)
Inks: Bordering Blue (SU!), markers (Tombow)
Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), brads (Basic Grey), ribbon, button, silver thread (craft supply).

12 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Tammy, I really like this card. I love the colors and that stamp is beautiful. Great job!!
Joan

Laura Pryor said...

Simply beautiful!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this is so soft and pretty! I hope I get time to play along this week. Love your card!

AShu93 said...

Beautiful! I love the Wisteria paper & those colors. The stamping is just as fabulous.

I'll be at the show & I'll definitely stop by to say hi.

Broni said...

Gorgeous flowers, Tammy!! I love the layout and the 3 different colored brads too! PLEASE give Dave (and Pat if she's there) a great big hug from me!!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Tammy! Love those flowers and I love your button treatment! Adds a little bit of whimsy to a gorgeous card! :)

LeAnne said...

Gosh, Tammy, you did right by these colors....this is beautiful! Those brads are PERFECT! Come to think of it, I have Wisteria buttons and forgot all about them!!!! Thanks for making my colors look so pretty! :D

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous! Stunning work with these soft colors!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Love the sketch and your ribbon with the button!

DawnBeery said...

Beautiful card Tammy! I will be sure to stop by & say hi! I will be there on Sunday. I cant wait to go & spend some money! :)

mycardz said...

VERY pretty Tammy! Love these colors together and you did an amazing job on this card!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is JAW DROPPING GORGEOUS, Tammy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those floral, Rubbernecker stamps!! Your layout is awesome and that paper is perfect for the challenge!!!