Saturday, April 22, 2017

Hello…

Hello, friends!  Even though Spring has sprung here in Northeast Ohio, it was chilly today… too chilly for me, so I stayed indoors and had some fun with stamps, ink and Copic markers!  I was totally inspired by my former Color Throwdown teammate Monika Davis to create this card, based on her GORGEOUS card here

CTD439

Now, anyone who knows me well knows that I DON’T do purple!  But I decided to tackle the current challenge at the Color Throwdown, so purple it is!  The stamps I used here are from Altenew… the flowers and matching dies are Beautiful Day, and the sentiment is from Label Love.  I colored all the flowers with Copic markers.  The BG Small Brick background from My Favorite Things was stamped in the background on watercolor cardstock, then I applied a wash of watercolor using Dusty Concord distress ink.  I embellished with some purple sequins.

Here’s the swatch from the CTD blog…

swatch439

I’ll be gone all next weekend with a bunch of my very best stampy friends at a retreat, so I think that’s what has sparked my recent spurt of creativity!  I. CAN’T. WAIT! until next weekend!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Monika's was gorgeous and so is this... Fabulous!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This is beautiful.

Toni said...

Oh my--wonderful

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Tammy...just wow! This is just gorgeous girl!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Tammy! I love the coloring and the vibrant colors. The purple brick background is amazing! So, so pretty! Thanks for the mention. :) You are so sweet! I do like your card better! :)

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card!! Love the background and design!!

mooch said...

The colors REALLY make this card pop. Beautiful! One question, did you heat emboss the background before coloring it?