Friday, February 24, 2017

CrAzY for Words - C4C374

Hello there!  I’m back today hosting the last challenge for February on the Crazy 4 Challenges team!  I’m challenging everyone today to Use Your Words… make the sentiment the focal point of your card.  This is something I LOVE to do, and don’t do often enough anymore.  Years ago I used to design work for Verses Rubber Stamps, and always enjoyed pairing embellishments and other items with the wonderful sentiments they carried at Verses.  Check out my Verses cards HERE for some ideas.

Another thing I love to do is use a big die-cut word for my sentiment, just like this…

C4C374

I’ve used the new Twice the Hugs Die-Namics from My Favorite Things for my large focal sentiment die-cut from Blu Raspberry card stock, and added the word “Sending” from the matching Lots of Hugs stamp set.  I sponged a little bit of Summer Splash dye ink on the base of my card front panel, then stamped this tulip from the new Sketched Blooms 2 stamp set, using Sour Apple, Razzle Berry, Pink Lemonade and Cotton Candy hybrid inks.  I embellished with a few clear sequins.

Be sure to stop by the C4C blog for all the challenge details today, and be inspired by the rest of the CrAzY girls…

Lisa Henke, February Guest Designer
Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Caz Counsell
Frances Byrne
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Maryann Einem
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Ednie

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card Tammy!!!