Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Color Throwdown #392

Hello friends!  Happy Wednesday!

swatch392

Have you seen the newest Color Throwdown #392?  I spotted it yesterday afternoon on Facebook and was instantly intimidated.  If you know me well, you know I don’t work well with blue!  But I also spotted this card by Kimberly Crawford that I had saved to one of my Pinterest boards, and my wheels got to turnin’!  So here’s what I came up with…

Color Throwdown #392

On a piece of Cement Gray card stock from My Favorite Things, I stamped the BG Thin Chevron background, then die-cut with Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-Namics.  Then I pulled out some Reverse Confetti products and die-cut "birthday" two times for dimension from the Fancy Words Confetti Cuts from Lush Lagoon card stock.  Then I used my Leafy Confetti Cuts and die-cut two branches from Sweet Tooth and Kraft card stocks.  I added the word "wishes" (from what stamp set I can't remember!) and embellished with a few black enamel dots!

Thanks to the Color Throwdown girls for another great challenge... I miss you, chicas!  Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

GORGEOUS use of the colors with just the wee pop of blue! Simple but so elegant!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the colors!! That background is perfect for your birthday die cut collage!! Perfect!

Amy Rohl said...

You nailed it, girl! LOVE the mix of die cuts and that background!