Monday, March 7, 2016

Birthday Bouquet

Hello friends… if anyone still visits me here anymore!  I have a co-worker with a birthday today, so I made this card for her using some new stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Birthday Blooms

I just LOVED the Desert Bouquet stamp set when it came out, maybe a year ago?  Bought it right up, and I might have used it once.  Well, NOW they brought out a larger version with the Large Desert Bouquet stamps, AND there’s matching Die-Namics for that set, as well as the original Desert Blooms!  Color me happy!  I’m a sucker for flower stamp sets with matching dies!  So I die-cut and stamped a bunch of flowers from both sets using Pure Plum, Daffodil and Summer Splash hybrid inks for my bouquet.  On a piece of watercolor card stock, I created a background piece with Summer Splash dye ink, and splattered it with dye inks in Daffodil and Pure Plum as well as some shimmery splashes using Perfect Pearls.  I added a die-cut Die-Namics Stitched Fishtail Frames to the background, and stamped the sentiment from the LJD Spring Tulips.  After arranging my bouquet, I embellished with some sequins.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Debra said...

I'm sure people are visiting, just not leaving messages! Thought I'd better leave a message as I'm all too often guilty of visiting and then leaving. This card is a beauty! Wish I could do that watercolor background but mine just look muddy! Love those stitched fishtails and the sequins really add to the card!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm still here! I see your posts through my Feedly account, and don't often have time to comment, but I always ooh and aah over your creations! This one is lovely too!

Lyn said...

Always enjoy your cards Tammy but I have not been as good at commenting over the last twelve months. I lost my husband last April and became very quiet. Keep those beautiful creations coming as I often pin your cards too :)

JanR said...

I have to echo the comments above.....I visit, but I don't comment very often. Beautiful card! I love the layout and those flowers are lovely.

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card Tammy! Love the color combo!

Juliana said...

I love this!
That background, those flowers! Wow!!
Beautifully done!