Saturday, March 30, 2013

CrAzY for the Twist - C4C179

Twist
We’re going cRaZy on the C4C blog today and doin’ The Twist!  C’mon baby!
OK, maybe not that extreme but Frances is challenging us to get a little twisty with our cards today.  Try making a Twisted Easel card, or maybe a stamping technique that involves a twist like this.  Or… here’s what I did!
C4C179-1
I created a Triangle Tri-fold card, because it has a little bit of a twist when you open it up!  Now, don’t even start to think that this card design is hard… it’s not at all!  Try it once, and you’ll be making them all the time.  For my design, I used some new Pebbles paper and this tulip image from Flourishes, and added a few pearls as embellishment.  Now, here’s the twist…
C4C179-2
When you open the card, it does do a little bit of a twist as you can see here…
C4C179-3
And then here it is fully open.  Can you see how it works?  Check out the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers  HERE, and watch the video, too!  Believe me, these are so easy and fun to make!  Now, in hindsight I wish I had stamped the sentiment so that it was readable in this final, open position shown above.  But, it’s glued down so too late to change it and this is for my Mom anyway, and I know she’ll love it no matter what!  :)
Visit the Crazy 4 Challenges blog for all the details, and to see the other twisted ideas from the team members!
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy stamping!
signature 3

4 comments:

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous card Tammy, btw it's also called a Twist A Flex card, cause like you said you have to twist it to open it.

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is beautiful! I've never made a card like this. Gonna have to try it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is gorgeous!