Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bountiful Harvest



I got a slightly frantic message on Saturday evening from Beth Silaika. Beth, as you may know has been the hostess of the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers for a few years now and I've had the pleasure of filling in for her a few times with that challenge. She had apparently asked Debbie to do the challenge today, but poor Debbie is sick so she asked if I might be a last-minute fill in! Since I was having a really lazy day and needed some motivation to get busy stamping, I quickly said yes and got to work on a card!

Beth had already chosen Heather Prince, aka Princessheather to be featured today so I checked out her sweet gallery and found this card to CASE. I really liked the layout of the card, so I kept mine the same with just a few little changes. I turned to the new Bountiful Harvest stamp set from Our Craft Lounge that I had a sneak peek with the other day, just because I love it so much! I love the sketchiness of the illustrations, and the fact that the images are all so appropriate for Fall which is my favorite season for card-making and decorating!
I tucked the sentiment inside the card, along with a border made with some of my Cosmo Cricket paper and a scalloped scallop border made with a Die-Namics die from My Favorite Things!
Remember, there's still time (until 3:00 p.m. Eastern time today) to leave a comment on either of my OCL Sneak Peek posts this week and be eligible to win the Tweet Trees stamp set!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card! You've done a incredible colouring job.

carrie said...

Great card! Super for fall.

Becky G said...

Fabulous card, Tammy! Love that image! You're awesome for stepping in at the last minute!

Celeste said...

Way to go for a last minute thing! I love how you colored the tractor and I love the papers you used. The sentiment is great. Thanks for sharing with us!

Anonymous said...

I love this card... makes me wish fall was here. I love fall card making and decorating too, so I can't for September!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, this is AWESOME! I tell ya...I can't pick a favorite card you make. They are ALL fabulous! Your coloring is amazing.

Laura Pryor said...

YOWSA! This is sooo good too!!! I'm in love with that awesome image and you've made it so soft and pretty with the papers you've combined it with...a tricky thing to do for such a traditionally masculine image. WOW!!!!

Monique said...

Wow Tammy this is so nice.. I love that old tractor image reminds me of the old days.. Love the warm colors you have used to compliment the image.. TFS :)

Barbara said...

THUD! You've colored that tractor perfectly! It looks like one that's seen some weather--I love it! Just a gorgeous card all 'round.

Bev Gerard said...

OMWord, Tammy!
That tractor looks just like it has been hard at work on the farm for decades! Super work, m'lady!

~Bev

Lisa Kind said...

Love it! That tractor looks like it's smiling for some reason! Such a happy card! It also reminds me of the old tractor we had at our cabin! Great card, Tammy!

Ida said...

This turned out awesome. Love the papers with the image. Makes for a great Fall and Masculine looking card.