Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oriental Beauty

Trying to catch up on some recent SCS Challenges that I've missed, so this is for the Featured Stamper challenge from this past Sunday. I CASE'd SCS'er inglishrea, and her card that I copied is found here... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/651934?cat=500&ppuser=118441 I kept the general layout the same, but didn't use as many layers as she did because my background paper is so gorgeous and I don't want to hide it! The stamps I used are from Great Impressions, and they were featured with the Stamp of the Month program in August. We have their program at the store, and people just love it! Their stamps are so fantastic... simple designs, but all really cute and coordinate so well. My stampers flock to the store on the 1st of the month to see the new stamps and designs! Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Great Impressions
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant, Marigold Morning and Confetti White; Bazzill Maraschino; Bo Bunny Marakkesh Vines
Ink: Colorbox Warm Red and Wisteria; SU! Marigold Morning (for sponging) and Basic Black; Versamark (combined with the black to heat emboss the lantern)
Accessories: Stampin' Up Iridescent Ice embossing powder (on the branch... hard to see in the picture) and Crystal Clear embossing powder (on the lantern and sentiment); pop-dots; SU! eggplant and mustard grosgrain ribbon; sponge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok Tammy, I am covering all your recent cards you uploaded. All I can say is that you are the most talented stamper I have ever met! Your cards are absolutly beauitful, your layouts are stunning as well as your color choices, and I have only one thing to say... You need to e-mail Cards magazine and attach photos of all these amazing creations and without a doubt you will be published as an artist like you should be. Your could create a magazine on your own!!!!!! I with I could tap into your crativity mode just a pinch so that I could be able to be more creative. You are totally one of my Biggest inspirations without a doubt. Thanks for sharing your creations, again they are amazing!!
Hugs, Gretchen

Gail Binette said...

Beautiful design. I am right along with all your customers as I use to always flock to the local S&S store to grab up the Great Impressions stamps. That was before it closed down a few months ago. I do however have another resource and try to get over there whenever I can. You can't beat the great prices this company has on their wonderful stamps.

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

I'm liking this card! Very cool.