Thursday, May 18, 2017

Birthday Butterflies

I love watching home improvement shows on TV.  I’m especially loving a recent new show called Home Town.  Have you seen it?  Ben and Erin are just the cutest couple, and I just LOVE what they’re doing to older homes in their town!  On one episode I recently watched, I saw some fabric on a pillow or something and thought “oooh, I love those colors together!”  So I just had to create a card using coral, yellow and bright green…

Birthday Butterflies

These butterflies are from the Butterfly Beauty stamp set from Concord & 9th.  I stamped the butterflies in Versamark ink on watercolor card stock and heat embossed in white.  Then I applied a watercolor wash over the butterflies using Persimmon, Daffodil and Field Day premium dye inks from My Favorite Things.  I also added some spatters of water and Perfect Pearls for some shimmer.  The sentiment is a combination of the large You Wafer die, and the You Matter stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I die-cut the “you” from Coral Crush card stock two times, glued them together then applied a layer of Glossy Accents.  Some sequin embellishments completed my design.  The sequins and Perfect Pearls also added some sparkle, making my card perfect for the current Simon Says Wednesday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

this is a super fun card tammy, luv the background! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*