Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pedaling Cheer

Hello everyone!  Wow, it’s Saturday again and I completely forgot my blog post today for the newest Crazy 4 Challenges challenge!  Joanne is our hostess this one last time for July.  She’s an ocean lover who finds being at the beach brings her peace and joy.  So she’s challenging us today to create a card that depicts something that brings us peace and joy.  I admit I struggled with this a little bit, not knowing what to create.  I find just being at home to be peaceful… I’m always grateful to be on my way home at the end of a work day, and as my husband and I have entered the empty nest stage of our lives, I just find being with my hubby brings me joy.  We like to just sit outside by a campfire (of course, not with the heat wave we’ve been having lately!)  Something else we like to do is ride bikes.  We’re fortunate enough to have some wonderful bike trails in our area, that are built on converted railroad paths, and they’re the best for riding because they’re on a level grade and you don’t have to worry about traffic.  We even recently purchased an old tandem bicycle to ride, but have yet to get it on the trail due to the heat wave and some issues with the age of the bike.  So I created my card today with a bicycle!

C4C347

I used the Multi-Step Bicycle stamps from my beloved Kitchen Sink Stamps for my card, adding a basket of peach-colored flowers in the basket.  I used the digital cut file for this stamp set as well, so my bicycle just rides right off the card.  The background was watercolored with Peerless watercolors, and I added a vellum circle, a Peach Bellini card stock Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics, and some sequins for embellishment.

Be sure to stop by the C4C blog for all the challenge details today, and be inspired by the rest of the CrAzY girls…

Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Caz Counsell
Frances Byrne
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Maryann Einem
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Ednie
Alexis Crossland-Smith, Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments: