Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Beary Special Day

MFTWSC245 cropped

Hello friends!  I have one more card to share with you today from my great Saturday of stamping with some friends!  This one is for the current sketch #245 from My Favorite Things, and I also used the colors from the previous color challenge #28 at MFT just because I LOVED the combination of Spearmint, Wild Wisteria, Tropical Teal and Blu Raspberry.  (Although, I goofed and used Lush Lagoon instead of Tropical Teal!)

MFTWSC245

This sweet bear, from the Birdie Brown Birthday Bears stamp set is stamped on Copic X-press It card stock with Steel Grey hybrid ink, and colored with Copic markers.  For the background inside the frame, I stamped the BG Tiny Stars background with Versamark on watercolor card stock, and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  Then I applied a watercolor wash using Blu Raspberry dye ink, and spritzed with some MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist for some sparkle.  The frame was made by stamping some stripes from DC Plaid Background Builder in Wild Wisteria, Blu Raspberry, Spearmint and Lush Lagoon dye inks on a piece of Smooth White card stock, then I cut my frame using the Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Square STAX Die-Namics.  (Thanks Kirsty, for letting me borrow it!)  I stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Bears set on a Lush Lagoon card stock Fishtail Flags STAX.  And on a square of Spearmint card stock, I stamped the BG Simply Circles background with Sweet Tooth pigment ink.  I assembled the card onto a Sweet Tooth card stock base, and added a few Sparkling Clear Mix sequins for embellishment.

And just for good measure, I think I’ll enter this card into the Card Design Superstar challenge at My Favorite Things, although I am far from being any kind of superstar.  Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a sweet card, Tammy! Beautiful coloring, too.

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazing card Tammy! Love the stamped stripes and that watercolored background is awesome!

Jill said...

Your coloring is fabulous--the bear is so cute! :) That is definitely a skill :) Such a great card! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge :)