Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Color Throwdown #356

Color Throwdown #356 cropped

Hello friends!  It's time again for the Color Throwdown challenge, and this week Broni is our hostess.  She's got this great inspiration photo for you!  With Summer still in full swing, but Fall on the way there are a LOT of possibilities with these colors...

swatch 356

For my card, I just had to finally use my fantastic new Blissful Blooms stamp set and matching Die-Namics from My Favorite Things… 

Color Throwdown #356

I die-cut a BUNCH of flowers and leaves from watercolor card stock, then used my MISTI to stamp them all.  Then I pulled out my Zig Clean Color watercolor markers and started coloring.  After I had a good garden full of flowers, I started on my card.  My layout was inspired by my BFF Barbara Anders and her great CTD card from two weeks ago.  On the Sweet Tooth card stock background I started by applying a thin layer of white embossing paste using the Harlequin stencil from MFT.  After the paste was dry, I laid the stencil back over the embossing and sponged the diamonds with some Orange Zest dye ink.  I layered this panel on a piece of Black Licorice card stock, and mounted to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.  I die-cut the Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX from Green Room card stock, and layered it behind a piece of Black Licorice card stock that was cut with the Blueprints 12 and my Stitched Circle STAX.  Then I arranged my floral bouquet and added the sentiment on a Sweet Tooth card stock Fishtail Flags STAX.  The sentiment is from the LJD Spring Tulips stamp set, but I only used half the sentiment.  A few black enamel dots completed my design.

Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details.  And visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration!
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Lindsay Amrhein, August Guest Designer
Yapha Mason, Guest Star Stamper

Happy Wednesday, and thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love that colored embossed background!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Tammy, ahhhh so gorgeous!!!! Amazing design!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, Tammy, this is so sweet!!! Love the embossing and beautiful flowers, and colors too!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this card, Tammy! Just went to the MFT site and those flower dies are already out of stock! :-(

Ida said...

I don't stamp much anymore but I still enjoy a great card when I see one. This is really pretty.

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the embossed background and your fabulous spray of watercolored flowers.