Friday, January 16, 2015

I Like Big Books…

Big Books by Tammy Hershberger
I mentioned on Facebook one day about ten days ago that I was frustrated with reading books on my phone.  A few friends chimed in with some suggestions, and then I suddenly got a message from my good friend, Rick.  He said “I bought myself a new Kindle Paperwhite this year… I’ll gladly give you my old one!”  And so now I’m the proud owner of a Kindle!  I really like it so far, but honestly… I’ve had a little trouble this week even remembering that I have it!  LOL  It’s in my purse, and I keep forgetting about it.  But we’re going to be in the car for a long trip this weekend, so I know I’ll get some reading done.
But anyway, I wanted to be sure to send my thanks to Rick for this great gift, and the To Thine Own Shelf stamp set from Simon Says Stamp is just PERFECT!  I found inspiration for my design from this card by Debby Hughes.  AND it works out perfectly this week to get this card done because the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is to create a card for a guy.  Nailed it!
Happy weekend!  Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

HAH!!! I LOVE this card, so funny!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh I love this card! That sentiment got me singing! Lol! I could never read on my phone! I either use my Nook or iPad! Have fun reading!

Barbara said...

What a great way to thank him! Awesome card!

Marlena M. said...

This is HILARIOUS, Tammy!!! This is such a great sentiment. Congrats on your new toy. ;)

Heather said...

Love the sentiment! ☺

Caryn said...

Fabulous masculine card Tammy.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Tammy. Love the book images, the colors... the print looks great on the banner. I have a Kindle, but still like to hold real books.