Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Color Throwdown #312

Color Throwdown #312 cropped by Tammy Hershberger

Hello friends!  It's time for another Color Throwdown, and this week Broni is the hostess for challenge #312.  She's bringing us into Fall with these lovely colors...

swatch 312

I pulled out a favorite set, LJD Primitive Pumpkins with the matching dies from My Favorite Things to make my card. 

Color Throwdown #312 by Tammy Hershberger

The tag was cut using the Pierced Traditional Tag STAX, and I added a Die-Namics Woodgrain Fence behind the pumpkins.  On the Black Licorice card stock I used some graphite black Ferro to emboss some stars from the MPD Stargaze stencil, and on the Kraft card stock base I added some stripes on the left side using Steel Grey hybrid ink and Tangy Orange hybrid ink and the DC Plaid Background Builder stamp set.

Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog for all the challenge details, AND to welcome our new October Guest Designer!  And be sure to visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration...

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Tara Godfrey, October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for visiting me today!

11 comments:

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card I love your embossed stars <3 love the colours this week.

JanR said...

What, no pun? ;-) Wonderful card. I love all the stars.

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! This is GORGEOUS Tammy! Those stars are AMAZING! LOVE this!

Wanda Cullen said...

Well, you know what they say about great minds! We both thought alike with picking the same pumpkin set. Love your starry BG!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute Halloween card Tammy. Love the stars in the background, the fence... great scene!

Vickie Z said...

You and Wanda both used this set...in different layouts....it's fabulous!! Fantastic use of the sketch...your extra touches are perfect!!

Joan Ervin said...

Super cute little pumpkins, Tammy, and I love the fence in the background...lovin all the stars, too!!!

Broni said...

Awesome soft Halloween/fall card! I love the pumpkins paired with the stars!

Tara Godfrey said...

This is GORGEOUS, Tammy! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stars...LOVE it all!!!
Hugs,t

Lori said...

Great design! I love all the star elements you included here.

Barbara said...

Love your handmade backgrounds, gf! Just gorgeously done! And just a fabulous design overall!