Monday, August 4, 2014

Dare to Get Dirty – Day #3

My Favorite Things sketch #187 for Dare to Get Dirty by Tammy Hershberger close-up
There’s another round of Dare to Get Dirty challenges to participate in over at Splitcoaststampers today.  I hope you’ll consider joining the Fan Club and heading over to SCS to check out all the challenges.  There are some great prizes to be had too, just for playing along!
DTGDinkling_copy
Today I created a sample for Angie’s challenge that you can check out here in the DTGD forum.  It’s a fun one… a good “anything goes” kind of challenge!
And here’s my card…
My Favorite Things sketch #187 for Dare to Get Dirty by Tammy Hershberger
Along with Angie’s fun challenge, I used the new sketch #187 for this week from My Favorite Things for the layout.  The LJD Blissful Butterflies is the stamp set I used here… why I didn’t buy this stamp set and matching Die-namics long ago is a mystery… I just LOVE it!  The big butterfly was stamped on Calypso Coral card stock with Tangy Orange hybrid ink, then I applied a layer of shimmer with a clear Wink of Stella pen.  The main flag in the center was made using the Blueprints 13 Die-Namics, and I used the Diagonal Stripes stencil and some white embossing paste for the stripes in the background.  I stamped the sentiment from Blissful Butterflies in Olive hybrid ink. On the Olive card stock panel I stamped the BG Grid background in Olive hybrid ink, and on the Kraft card stock panel I stamped the BG Typewriter Text background in Kraft hybrid ink.  I used the BG Linen background stamp on the Pool Party card stock base, stamping with Sno Cone hybrid ink, then added a Horizontal Stitched Strip from Calypso Coral card stock across the back for an extra pop of color.  A ribbon tab at the top and some sequins finished the design.
Here are my supplies…


All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted…
Stamps:  LJD Blissful Butterflies, BG Grid background, BG Linen background, BG Typewriter Text background
Dies/Stencils:  LJD Blissful Butterflies Die-Namics,
Horizontal Stitched Strips, Blueprints 13, Butterflies, Diagonal Stripes stencil
Card stock:  Olive card stock, Kraft card stock; Calypso Coral card stock, Pool Party card stock (Stampin’ Up!)
Inks:  Berrylicious hybrid ink, Olive hybrid ink, Kraft hybrid ink, Tangy Orange hybrid ink
Accessories:  sequins, ribbon, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, white embossing paste
Thank you so much  for stopping by today!

No comments: