Monday, July 14, 2014

Day Filled with Sunshine

Retro Sketch #123 by Tammy Hershberger
Happy Monday!  I don’t know about you, but I had some great stampy time this weekend… it was relaxing and wonderful!  I used the Retro Sketch #123 and the Pals Paper Arts color challenge #211 for this card that uses the Blue Skies Ahead stamp set from My Favorite Things.  The sentiment was stamped in Nightshift Blue hybrid ink on Sweet Tooth card stock and cut out with a Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-Namics.
  I matted this on a piece of Nightshift Blue card stock.  On the Sweet Tooth card stock back panel I used some white embossing paste with the MPD Scallops stencil.  With Lemon Drop card stock I die-cut the Die-Namics Sunflower, and used Hot Fudge card stock and Chocolate Brown card stock for the center, and Gumdrop Green card stock for the leaf.  Then I die-cut several flags from Nightshift Blue card stock, Sno Cone card stock and some vellum to finish the design (along with some scattered sequins!)
Here are my supplies…


All products from My Favorite Things
Stamps:  CS Blue Skies Ahead
Dies:  Sunflower, Blueprints 11, Blueprints 13, Blueprints 16, Pierced Rectangle STAX, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX, Fishtail Flags STAX
Card stock:  Nightshift Blue card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock, Chocolate Brown card stock, Hot Fudge card stock
Inks:  Nightshift Blue hybrid ink
Other:  MPD Scallops stencil, white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi)
THANKS BUNCHES for stopping by today… I appreciate it very much!

8 comments:

Lyn said...

I am a big MFT fan and I just love seeing your creative ways with their products.

Celeste Goff said...

Great card! I love the embossed background.

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! The stenciling is the perfect touch for all that goodness!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful work, Tammy! Love the sunflower.

Kim S said...

I love your colors on this. The flower really pops on the variety of blue flags.

Just a Thought... said...

Cute!!! Really imaginative!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts!!

Unknown said...

The colors combo is wonderful! My SIL would just fall in love with this card. Really excellent design too!

xo Tam Hess
http://cardmakingartists.com

Kristie W. said...

Awesome card!! Love the textured background!