Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Color Throwdown #263

swatch 263
Hello my stamping friends, are you ready for another Color Throwdown challenge?  This week, my BFF Barbara Anders is our hostess with the spooky, scary photo for inspiration!  LOL  Some great colors for Halloween, but you can create anything you want with them.  Be sure to stop over at the CTD blog and check out the challenge details!

I had the honor this past Saturday of getting to meet the fabulous Wendy Vecchi from Studio 490, and got to watch her demonstrate her great products!  She was so super nice and is a terrific instructor… I learned so many new ideas in the short time I spent watching her demonstrations.  And she sweetly agreed to a photo with me, so here we are…

Wendy Vecchi

So for my CTD card today I just had to pull out some new product she *forced* me into buying, and created this…

CTD263

This Layered Tree is one of Wendy’s new stencils, and I used her new signature Archival Inks to color it in… Potting Soil for the tree and Orange Blossom for the leaves.  I sponged in the moon with some Archival Pale Ochre, but it was too pale so I added some Ranger Wild Honey distress ink, then added Pumice Stone distress ink all around the background.  The sentiment is from Flourishes “Life Lines” stamp set.  I added some random spots of water to the background, and some distressing on the edges just to *shab* it up a bit, and otherwise kept the design pretty simple but I really love how it turned out.

So, be sure to stop over at the Color Throwdown blog so you can get all the challenge details, and also check out my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration…

Wanda Cullen
Vickie Zimmer
Melody Rupple (taking the week off)
Lori Tecler
Joan Ervin
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Sankari Wegman, October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today… happy stamping!

signature 3

7 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Sigh!!! Tammy - this card is just exquisite - I mean WOW!!! I love the tree (and its a stencil?! wow!) and the way you distressed the moon is just so perfect - absolutely gorgeous card!! You so rock sweet Tammy!!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous, Tammy! Love the stenciled tree and the vibrant moon behind it.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers! This is stunning! Lucky you getting to meet Wendy and seeing her demonstrate techniques!

Patti said...

Smile big Tammy- your work is beautiful!!! So glad I popped in to CTD and yupr blog tonight!

Stampingcountry said...

What a happy autumn card! It makes me smile.

Lisa Kind said...

I was lucky to have taken classes from her on two separate occasions! She's super talented and I loved the classes! So I know how she "made" you buy all her products! LOL! Your card is lovely and I may need that stencil. Darn she is so pushy! Haha!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Tammy. Love the beautiful tree and the colors. The distressed background looks great.