Monday, October 10, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To



Today, I'm hosting one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over at Splitcoaststampers! Breast cancer fundraising and research is very close to my heart because my wonderful Mom is an 18+ year breast cancer survivor! (Praise be to God!) There are tons of prizes to be had by participating in these challenges, as well as giving yourself the opportunity to brighten the day of cancer patients, so be sure to check out ALL the challenges on the SCS Master Challenge Thread HERE.

Being the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, my Mom often reminds me (NAGS me!) about getting my mammograms on time! And although I couldn't find any specific program in a Google search, I have always heard about the idea that you should have a good friend who is your reminder'er.... someone who makes sure you get your mammogram done, and you remind her, too! Someone who reminds you to do your monthly checks, and vice versa. So for my challenge today, I just want us to focus on friendship and this dreaded disease that unfortunately strikes way too many! Make a card that incorporates pink and ribbon, with a friendship theme!

For my card, I'm using the Think Pink - Fight Like a Girl stamp set from Flourishes, along with some Me & My Big Ideas paper that was sent to me by my BFF Barbara Anders. I die cut a doily to mat my circle with my Cricut, and added some seam binding ribbon, a sentiment tag and some hot pink rhinestones to embellish my card.

When you check out my challenge on SCS, you can also see some awesome samples from Bar, Stacy Morgan and Laura Pryor! They have some beautiful pink friendship-themed cards to share with you, too! Thanks for helping me today, girls! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

This is a stunning card Tammy! All of that pink is lovely!! xx