Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Color Throwdown #93 - Where is my mojo?


Who took my mojo? Really, I need to report a crime because I can't find it anywhere so I think someone took it! Ugh... I struggled so much with my card for today's Color Throwdown #93 hosted by Danielle. I hope y'all don't hurl on your computer monitors!

This is a new stamp that I just got at the store from Verses Rubber Stamps, and I just loved it the second I saw it. I decided to use it on my card for today but the image in my head of what this card was supposed to look like, and the way it turned out are two vastly different things! :)

I thought the cracked glass technique would look cool over this image but it just isn't working here. I used cream-colored cardstock but after all the layers of UTEE, it turned more yellow. But I'm just going to hush-up now and not offer any more critique... you can see the flaws! LOL

Stop and see what my Throwdown sisters have created for today and you'll get much better inspiration!

Laura Pryor, Guest Designer

Stop by the Throwdown blog to link your creation! Happy stamping!








Stamps: Give to the World (Verses Rubber Stamps)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up!), cream (Neenah), designer paper (My Mind's Eye)Inks: Melon Mambo (SU!), Versamark (Tsukineko)Accessories: Nestabilities Labels 1 (Spellbinders), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), Ultra-thick embossing enamel (Ranger), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder (ProvoCraft), ribbon, button (craft supply).

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Tammy, I actually LOVE this! I thought for sure you had used the bleaching technique with your sentiment stamp.....it's beautiful! What a nice site for sentiments, too, tfs! You're too hard on yourself.....anyone would love to get this card!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, you are way to hard on yourself. Your card is really pretty! I love your designs. You always rock these challenges.

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness Tammy - even your 'ugly' cards are gorgeous! You are too hard on yourself! Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration to us...always!

Broni said...

Stop with the critique already! This is a great card! I love that image/sentiment!

Laura Pryor said...

You are a crazy person! I thought you used the bleaching technique too when I saw this. That stamp is so pretty and I really like what you've done with it! If that's your work with your mojo gone, then I envy you!! ahahahahah!!

Queen Mary said...

As is so often the case, I too love the card that you only see as flawed! and I like the unintentional yellow! I was surprised to find it was a "mistake"!

Barbara said...

I agree with the rest--this is a great card! That sentiment/focal image ROCKS!

Ida said...

Goodness girl this isn't an "ugly" card at all. Very pretty colors (even the mistake yellow) and I think the cracked glass worked just fine.

Carol L said...

I thought this card had a most unique look to it, kind of shabby or distressed, and I love how subtle the floral image turned out! Great DSP and design! Thanks for fixing the typo on my entry....all I can say to that is DUH! LOL

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, it looks bleached! Besides, I've seen worse...LOL!

I think it's great!

C said...

Nothing wrong with this one....your eye is too critical on yourself...I love it.