Monday, August 24, 2009

DRS Designs Challenge #28


The girls on the DRS Designs team posted a sketch earlier today for their weekly challenge, so I thought it'd be a good time to play along! Look at poor Leonard... he's so sick! Sick probably of waiting for me to get him inky!
We have a family friend who had hip replacement several weeks ago. She's at a rehab center now recuperating, so even though Leonard doesn't look like he's suffering from a bum hip, I'm going to send this to Carol because I know she'll get a huge chuckle out of the image and sentiment!

Stop at the DRS Blog to see the sketch, and give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by!








Cardstock: Sprout, Red Hot OP (Bazzill), Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up!), cream (Neenah), designer paper (My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)Accessories: twill tape (Stampin' Up!), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder (ProvoCraft).

11 comments:

Ida said...

Oh this is cute! That Pig just looks so adorable even though he's not feeling well. Love the layout and colors/papers you used.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, this is adorable!! I love how you've colored the pig and the background is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us!! :)
Vicki
DRS DT

Jennifer E. said...

This is adorable! I love the yellow shading you added to the image! Great take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along!

Basement Stamper said...

Super cute layout. I love the simple sewing on the twill sides, what a great idea I'm going to have to snag :-)

Cathy Rulli said...

So cute!! Thanks for playing in our challenge!!

Bev J. said...

Cute, your friend is bound to love it. tfs

Jessica G. said...

Leo may be feeling pitiful, but he sure is cute on this layout! Beautiful coloring and I really like the 'texture' of your background panel!!

Darlene said...

What a cute image ... and your coloring just keeps getting better & better! Great card!

Barbara said...

LOL, I love that image--I really need to get it! Awesome coloring, too :)

Anonymous said...

I love EVERYTHING about this one!! I can never make any get well cards I like, FABULOUS job :)

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great card! Love this image!