Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swingin'


I did a little "just for me" stamping on Wednesday evening... no challenges, no design team work, just something I thought would be pretty! I adore these little Penny Black hedgehogs, and wish I had all of them to play with! This little guy was fun to color! After I cut the image out with the Labels 4 Nestabilities die, I sponged Cool Caribbean ink around the edges for sky (since I sadly don't own a Copic airbrush system... boo hoo!) I layered my Hedgie on some Urban Prairie paper from Basic Grey, added some clear dew drops and a border using my new Apron Lace border punch from Fiskars (thanks for enabling me, Julie!) Finally, for a finishing touch I pulled out my fabulous new Bow Easy that I got from Sharon Johnson and this gorgeous gingham ribbon (also from Sharon!) and added a beautiful bow! So how do you like my Hedgie?

Hope you have a fabulous day! THANK YOU for stopping by!








Stamps: Hedgie on Swing (Penny Black)
Cardstock: Romance (Bazzill), Cool Caribbean (Stampin' Up!), white (Neenah), designer paper (Basic Grey)Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), markers (Copic), Cool Caribbean (Stampin' Up!)Accessories: clear dew drops (Robin's Nest), Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars), Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (May Arts).


17 comments:

Lana Edwards said...

Tammy,
I love your card!!! He is soooooo darn cute!!! Penny Blacks are my favorites! And your color choices are fabulous GREAT job on this one as usual!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card Tammy! It turned just beautifully!

Darlene said...

Adorable!!! Your coloring is exquisite as always and I love the bg paper you chose to go with this cutie!! Aaawww I see you broke down and got that border punch ... looks perfect here! Great job as always my friend ... glad you found a little "ME" time in our busy schedule.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Absolutely adorable card. The hedgie is really cute, but your coloring, paper choice and that gorgeous ribbon and bow make it!

C said...

Totally adorable and your coloring is awesome, Tammy. Honey, you don't need an airbrush system...your sponging looks airbrushed and look at all the $$ you saved!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Tammy, I love hedgehogs and yours is FABULOUS! Simply Adorable!

Scrappinangler said...

This turned out so cute! That little hedgehog is adorable!

Norine said...

this is just adorable love the design as always
Hugs
Norine

Bev J. said...

Love it all. The hedgie is so cute-love the paper and ribbon-all goes so well together. tfs

dpkennedy said...

This is fabulous! Awesome coloring, awesome paper, awesome bow...LOVE IT! Those hedgies are just the cutest!!

Now that Copic airbrush system is just overrated! Your sponging looks fab and who needs another tool taking up space? huh? Not me, no siree...But if I did have the space, and did have the money, well then, that's another story!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Love it - so cute, the colors and the bow are perfect!!

Joan Fricker said...

Tammy, what a cute card. Everything about it is adorable.
Great job!!!!

Joan
from the UP this week.

LeAnne said...

This is just the cutest thing I have ever seen! How fun just to stamp for fun!!!! Your colors are wonderful and you don't NEED an airbrush system because your sponging is PERFECT. I wish I could do it like that!!! I think this card is perfect!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I am totally swooning -- this is so, so lovely -- that little hedgie is the cutest EVER and I LOVE your colors and that ribbon is perfect! Fun!!!

Ida said...

Man I can't believe I haven't already commented on this super sweet card. It's just wonderful.

Patti said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! but I don't think I've ever seen any of your creations be anything but beautiful!!

ALK said...

Too Sweet!!!