Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Celery Tree!


LOL Had you thinking, didn't I? This card was created for the Color Challenge on SCS today... Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Summer Sun. Lately I just can't make anything but Christmas cards, so even though those colors screamed SPRING! to me (oh, how I wish it was!) I came up with a card for Christmas!


My stamps are all from the Kitchen Sink... Playful Christmas for the tree, and Never a Loss 4 Words for the sentiment. The Playful Christmas set is 2-step stamps, so the tree base was stamped in Certainly Celery on plain white cardstock, and the overlay is stamped in Old Olive. This is a great card to show the wonderful quality of these clear stamps and how well they take dye inks. Most clear stamps you just can't use dye inks... they bead up and/or you just don't get good coverage, but not with Kitchen Sink Stamps! The star was inked first with Versamark, then with Summer Sun. I did this so the ink would be "juicy" enough to take the clear embossing powder. Then I cut the star out and mounted it to the tree top with a small dimensional. The tree is punched out with my mega oval Marvy punch, and then I punched out a scalloped oval with the giga Marvy punch. The sentiment was stamped the same way as the star, and embossed. I added the sparkly red ribbon for a punch of color and to make it a little more "Christmas-y!" (I have a spool of that ribbon at the store, but I'm sorry I don't know what company it is from... the spool has no identification on it!) The finished card is 4" square, and I'm really happy with it!


Thanks for stopping by, and stamp happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great card Tammy! Love that set soooooo much!! Lots of fun! :)